Day 12

Ugh.  I slept maybe an hour total last night.  And coldest night yet!  We were both very chilly all night.  But, short walk down and bus into town!  Nap as soon as we can check in to our hotel.

Ok so the hike down to the road was 2 miles and not easy because nothing on this trail is.  I was super grumpy because I hadn't slept and I keep waking up with my eyes near swollen shut.  I'm worried I'm allergic to down.  I'm hoping it's just from sleeping more flat than I'm used to.  I have a small pillow but it's not great.  Reminder to take more Claritin. 

We got to the road and had a short walk to a bus stop and got a ride into Rutland.  The bus felt so fast!  Unfortunately we couldn't check in early so we got breakfast and went to the laundromat.  It's odd when you need to wash everything but being naked in public is frowned upon. Then again this is Vermont. 

Got checked in to the hotel early and took long, long showers and a brief nap.  Then we decided to get resupply out of the way today so we could truly enjoy our zero day tomorrow.  2 minutes in the store and we were both totally overwhelmed.  It was so loud and bright and so many people.  But we got it done and dashed back to the quiet solitude of our room.  

After sorting out and re-bagging the food we walked to a local pizza place down the road and got pizza and drinks.  Afterwards we enjoyed the hot tub at the hotel in our hiking shorts.  Oh man was that nice on our aching bodies.  

Now to bed.  We're beat and we only hiked 2 miles!  (Although we walked probably 6 or 7 more getting to the hotel, laundromat, and grocery. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8.16.23

The Long Trail, Part Deux

Day 24